- Documentation and development of research activities in international cooperation initiatives. Priority is given to research activities that open concrete application opportunities for the development of new methods and solutions for planning, design, and intervention in the territories and settlements under investigation.
- Research-actions are developed in collaboration with DAStU and University departments, and in partnership with other universities, local government, foundations and NGOs, in order to participate in national and international calls for research funding.
- Building networks and joint working lines that can help strengthen relations with other research centres, so as to be able to compare and to share the experiences of researchers, teachers, professionals and other figures involved and interested in local projects in global South Countries (universities, research centres, clusters or other aggregates, NGOs, professionals), with a focus on sustainability.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Organisation of study and research visits, workshops, internships, teaching modules, continuing education courses and tutoring activities for undergraduates, graduates and doctoral students aimed at providing training on topics, methods and skills of interest in the area of cooperation, including participation in “in the field” surveys of current research projects.
- Involvement of students and teachers in global South Countries to enhance relations with their Universities and contribute to the training of their human resources.
- Organisation of study days (seminars and round tables) with the participation of specialists in international cooperation in global South Countries (design, planning, management, participation).
COMMUNICATION AND DISSEMINATION
- Communication regarding research, training and networking initiatives and meetings/seminars and publications about international cooperation issues and projects carried out by the Laboratory and by the DAStU.
- Documentation and reporting of external events, figures and documents of interest to the Laboratory.
- Organisation of seminars and conferences on research topics developed by the Laboratory and the DAStU and on issues of more general interest for international scientific cooperation.
- Drafting of documents and publications for the dissemination of research and seminar results.